Friday, August 10, 2012

Why am I here?

   Well, let me answer that question.  Mainly the 2 other posters on here thought it would be a good idea.  I don't really consider myself a foodie.  I am culinarily adventurous though. Also, I can't follow a recipe. Recipes equal disaster in my kitchen. None of my dishes are ever the same way twice.  

   How did I get this crazy name....Apocalypse Mom?  I do the shopping for my household which currently includes 8 people. It does fluctuate. I am also responsible for the cooking.  Well when I shop if there is a great deal on a certain item and there are only 10 left?  What to do? What to do?  Buy all 10 of course. Suddenly, everyone in my circle is making light of my shopping ways.  " Hey, are you getting ready for the apocalypse or something?"  Eventually I just started saying yes I am.  

   I must say my additions to this blog may seem somewhat limited at times. You will likely get a review for every chicken sandwich in the city of Portland.  I have some medical conditions which keep me from eating certain foods.  For example no beef or pork. I have been told this makes me a vegetarian. Not vegan as I still eat chicken and fish.  What do you think?

   I look forward to this adventure we are on together.  I hope you have a good time as well.

2 comments:

  1. So the next time I do Pho I'll have to take you along... Got Pho has chicken Pho! Beef free! Thank you for posting Apocalypse Mom! I look forward to your posts on the blog. We are whizzing along at a likely pace now! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Apocalypse Mom, I can't wait to have your unique take on things.

    ReplyDelete