Saturday, August 18, 2012

On Location...Idaho part 2

   Saturday morning we passed on the frozen breakfast sandwich fare being offered at my sisters and went on a hunt into town for food I can eat.  ( No eggs or pork for me)  We ended up in Cottonwood, Idaho at a great little place called The Hangout. 

    This is a great little place.  Vicious and I walked in to 2 larges tables taken up by about 30 girls in team sportswear hanging out, eating, and having fun.  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with a green salad.  (Are you detecting a pattern here yet?) Vicious had a mushroom burger with tator tots.  When we sat down I looked around and could tell that whoever owned this place was a supporter of sports, their community and progress.  They had a station set up with 3 or 4 laptop computers.  Yes folks, we found an internet cafe.  We waited a bit for our food but, that was alright with me as they were obviously busy. I like to have my food cooked to order so I don't mind a wait.    Vicious noted as we waited that we had finally found a restaurant with no flies.  This reminds me I forgot to tell you about our stop at Jack in The Box Friday in Umatilla, Washington.  Let me just say... Don't eat there. 

   We got our food from this great woman who came all the way out to our table.  (We ordered at a counter so I expected to go back up to the counter.)  She apologized profusely for the wait.  I told her it was no problem.  The food was great.  My chicken breast was moist and the food very fresh.  The portions were good and I really enjoyed this place all around.  If we had stayed in town longer we would have gone back.  We headed home that night and ended up at a Burger King we found along the road.  I don't even remember which city it was in.  The food was ok but,  more flies.  

On roadtrips I tend to like stopping at the Mom and Pop, Greasy Spoon kind of places.  I like an adventure and they usually have great portions.   Soooo..... If you are ever in Cottonwood, Idaho please stop at : 

                                                                                             The Hangout 
                                                                                             603 Front street
                                                                                             Cottonwood, Idaho 83522

    or try their email: hangout@mtida.net

Next time I will tell you about my adventures into Fubonn territory.
                                                                                           













http://www.cottonwoodidaho.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment