Friday, August 10, 2012

Sidelines

Sadly, much to Sleepy Gingers disappointment, Sidelines is my favorite type of restaurant. Half sport’s bar, half “family dining”, Sidelines has TV’s all over the room playing a myriad of sports. Their menu sports nearly a full page of appetizers, as well as pizza and sandwiches. They even had some higher priced, “fancier” items on the menu. For instance there was a nicely described T-bone steak as well as a Sea Food platter with lots of aquatic fare that I would never eat.

In my true redneck fashion, I firmly believe that the first meal you sample at a new restaurant is the chicken fried steak. So, of course, that is what I ordered. It was well priced for the size of meal I received. The potatoes were real and were mashed with the skins on (A personal favorite). The breading on my chicken fried steak was great. The steak itself was a little tough and dry, but that is why they make gravy. The gravy was out of a packet, and tasted too much like flour. The vegetables were ok, but not great. All in all I really like the place. I want to go back and try the fish and chips.

I thought the atmosphere was great, the décor was amusing for me at least, and I really enjoyed the food. I found the prices reasonable for the amount of food we got, but not great. But the next time I go, I want to avoid bringing the children with me and check out the bar selection as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment