Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lily Market… Or “Oh god, my eyes my eyes!!!”


There are very few places in this world that ward off the evil that is the Redneck Widow with any real effectiveness. While Thai food places and Fubonn or other Asian places strive to set my allergies off, none of them are places I can’t actually go into.

Lily Market wins!!!!

As I parked the car in the small parking lot, my nose plugged up and my eyes began to water. I got out of the car and looked at the restaurant and my eyes began to burn and itch; before I even got into the store itself. Going into the store I began to sound like I had a cold, then like I was in danger of losing my voice. The slight tickle in the back of the throat started less than five minutes in. By ten minutes in I could no longer breathe, was starting to hack and cough, and my hands were starting to tingle.

I gave up. The store had defeated me. I retreated to the clean (ish) confines of my car, which ironically is named Lily Rex. And even there I had to re park the car to a place not in direct wind path of the front doors. Then use my inhaler and hope SleepyGinger and Apocalypse.Mom didn’t take too long exploring their new find.

So, I recommend Lily Market to anyone who likes authentic Asian markets… It was a great place for the ten minutes I was there. Also, It is right next door to the Baskin and Robbins that sells the soy free chocolate ice cream. (Another awesome find for SleepyGinger)

1 comment:

  1. You can't say I didn't warn you. I totally did. Clearly you can only explore the non-food section of the grocery, stay away from the deli side. And who rocks for finding soy-free chocolate? This girl!

    ReplyDelete