Sunday, September 16, 2012

Captain Recipe

     So, I guess it is about time I told you about Fubonn.  We tried the one BBq place first.  Very expensive but would likely have been a fun eating experience for a second date.  As it was we were 3 overheated women who did not need to heat the place up more by cooking the food at our table.  So we went to the other place where I had the #44?  Seafood, tofu and noodles.  It was ok.  I ate on it for a couple of days.  Leftovers are my friend.  I will return to Fubonn.  Not for the dining experience but, for the grocery shopping.  I found lots of great produce and fun foods there.

     I am not much for the going out.  I have food allergies so I think I will tell you more about my home culinary adventures.  First you should know that my arch nemesis in the kitchen is  Captain Recipe.  Every time I try to follow a recipe I mess it up.  Especially if I follow it to the letter.  Between that and my food box surprise upbringing I experiment..... Often.  In the last    week my family has enjoyed the new dish I call stewlash.  It was fun.  But, like most of my meals I can give you a general idea but, it will be different every time I make it.  

     Tonight the rest of the family had corn dogs and tator tots.  It was shopping day so I did not have a lot of cooking time.  That and I have to come up with my own dinner.  I can't eat pork or beef.  So, my main protein sources are chicken, shrimp, beans and some fish.  I saw that I had a can of diced tomatoes with chiles.  I put that in a pan with a can of black beans and strips of grilled chicken.  Heat and eat.  I opted out of the tortilla.  Bread is not my friend.     I added a little hot sauce from a leftover packet of sauce from Taco Time.  It was pretty good and filling since I had it along with an awesome green salad.    Then there was a small adventure with Sleepy Gingers curry...... I will allow her to tell that story if she chooses to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment