Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fubonn... or How NOT to act in public...


SleepyGinger convinces us to go to the large Asian market in town, so off we go. First of all, you probably shouldn’t have the overly excited one drive, especially when the other two are hyper paranoid of cars. J Secondly, I think it is only fair that there be some kind of Asian food with no soy, onion or peppers.  

Allergies suck!

So, SleepyGinger had been to Fubonn before and in her experience she told us we should eat before shopping because shopping hungry makes you buy stuff you may not need. So first we looked at the grill place. But while having food cooked at our table might be nifty, due to the combined food issues of Apocalypse.Mom and myself (suddenly we sound like super heroes “With our issues combined…”) it wasn’t actually possible to eat there. So, to the other side of the mall we went.

There we had a great dinner, Apocalypse.Mom had something with fish and I had the rice with meat… because that is what I am able to have at Asian restaurants… Beef or Chicken with Rice. The plainer the better. Depressing right? But the food was great and the service was awesome. The overall experience was welcoming and I would return often if given the options.

Now, food was out of the way and the store wandering began. There were movies, books, clothes, and of course the main market. The main market was amazing! Everything a girl could ask for…. Soy filled poisonous death…. Which, by the way, gets you glared at a lot if you shout it in the middle of the store. Again, I apologize to the small boy with his grandmother. I am sure the ENTIRE store is not filled with soy covered poison.  There were also some lovely fresh fruits and vegetables.

The highlight for me was the non-food items… for obvious reasons. But they had some really great things in there and the only reason I haven’t been back is because I will spend way too much money on things I have no room for.  So, officially, Fubonn market: Great… The rest of the trip is just a giant allergy trap… but still ok. 

1 comment:

  1. Hyper, hyper paranoid about cars. And I was very excited. I got better. :P

    And RedneckWidow and Apocalypse.Mom should totally start up some super allergy team... Would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete